The explorer UHF Phased Array Antenna by Wilkgard Technology Group.
A perfect home “Do it yourself” kit for all UHF Frequencies.
The explorer Home Phased array UHF antenna has been evolved to meet an exacting standard of performance and with high gain and a low noise circuit board Balun.
Designed to cover the UHF band either Vertically or Horizontal mounted. It boasts a UHF Band Pass signal filter to block out interference from unwanted VHF signals in the area, such as digital radio and FM radio and exhibits a high tolerance for interfering signals. Able to be mounted in the Vertical or Horizontal Polarity to match the incoming transmitted signal.
This is an easy to use and highly effective antenna especially for Vertical Polarity signals – as phased array antenna have a larger capture area and are therefore more efficient at receiving Vertical signals than other types of Antenna with wind shifts and other weather factors.
The explorer Phased array provides excellent gain, and flatness of received signal and is ideal for receiving Vertically and Horizontally transmitted signals due to its wide capture area.
Can be used for individual or MATV (Master Antenna TV systems where a single antenna provides the signals for multiple apartments) Digital terrestrial TV installations where high gain and excellent reception of signals are required. The large reflectors greatly reduce interference from behind. Use especially where Vertically transmitted signals are being used.
- Robust antenna made mostly from aluminium and weather resistant ABS plastic with Powder coated back reflector.
- The antenna includes a circuit board matching Balun transformer and built in UHF band Pass filter. The connection is a digital “F” Type.
- Cable boot for sealing the cable entry into the Balun Box.
- Mounting ability to Mount Vertically or Horizontally.
- is a measure of increased signal strength based against a world wide standard.
- is the property of an Antenna to have more gain (signal receiving capability) in a specified direction and of a certain width.
- is the Property of an antenna to receive the signals, it is designed to receive, with equal efficiency on all channels. This is very important when using a Mast head amplifier (or Booster).
- The best Digital cable connection is the Screw On “F” Connector designed for digital HD. It is a fully shielded robust connection that is easy to install with no special tools required. It is also a superior connection for the UHF frequencies and is the standard used by us in all our products.
A very important component of the antenna as its efficiency is a large contributor to the overall antenna performance. As such We have designed our own circuit board Balun for this product.
The word Balun is a word made from two words “Balanced” and “Unbalanced”. It refers to the requirement for matching a balanced antenna signal to an Unbalanced Coaxial cable.
This is simply the area that the Antenna presents to the transmitted signal. A phased array Antenna is often superior for Vertically transmitted signal reception, due to the fact that the signal moves around in the wind and due to changes in weather. The wide area of the face of the antenna, allows the antenna to still maintain reception over a much larger weather spectrum than other styles of Antenna.